In 2022, The Seafarers’ Charity awarded £3,095,449 in grants to 61 organisations supporting seafarers in need and their families.

Our grant funding supports frontline organisations and projects that provide essential help for seafarers and their families in crisis. Each grant application is assessed against our core goals to ensure the support provided to ensure that your donations go to where the need is greatest.

See the below list to find grants awarded from 2021-2023 to-date.

Does your organisation or project work to provide support for seafarers in need and their families? See if you’re eligible for a grant to help you.

See if you're eligible for a grant

Nautilus Welfare Fund

Grant funding awarded in 2022 to support a top-up in care home fees for mariners residing at Mariners Park, Wallasey and support a part-time physiotherapist post.

Amount awarded: £172,370

Fishermen's Mission

Grant funding awarded in 2022 for organisational core costs (60%) with the remaining 40% split equitably between port welfare programmes in Troon, Kilkeel, Peterhead and Fraserburgh.

Amount awarded: £156,936

Naval Children’s Charity

Grant funding awarded in 2022 to support the Naval Children's Charity assist the children of Officers, widowers, and families in the Royal Fleet Auxiliary.

Amount awarded: £100,000

UK Sailing Academy

Grant funding awarded in 2022 for continued funding of two dedicated welfare roles, enabling UKSA to support the wellbeing of their students whilst with them and whilst working in the industry, promoting better working lives at sea. Wellbeing materials are also requested.

Amount awarded: £97,600

Stella Maris

Grant funding awarded in 2022 from the Seafarers International Relief Fund to provide temporary safe accommodation and psycho-social support to initially support 44 Ukrainian seafarers and their families seeking refuge in Poland and to also provide each family/seafarer with a practical 'arrival' pack of basics needed.

Amount awarded: £84,700

Stella Maris

Grant funding awarded in 2022 to provide urgent food to seafarers, fishers and their families in the cities of Cebu and Liloan and their environs, and on the Island of Bohol – the regions most affected by Super Typhoon Rai, Philippines.

Amount awarded: £68,600

1 2 3 ... 5

We're committed to transparency

The Seafarers’ Charity is committed to transparency and we work with 360Giving to publish information about our grants. See our Publisher profile on 360Giving, where you will be able to download grants awarded since 2017.

See our 360Giving profile